CAD Lead – $25-$26/hour
Jacksonville, FL | Full-Time | $25-$26/Hour
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Support , execute and improve fabrication operations through efficient human resource management, improving current methods, effective customer job processing, researching the latest technology and programming machine operations utilizing CAD/CNC machine routing software.
PERCENT OF TIME: CAD-Programming Leadership - 30%
- Lead efforts to continuously improve CAD/Programming processes, methods, and technology, while encouraging team development through cross-training.
- Ensure team operates in compliance with established process/procedures and efficiently processes customer orders.
- Initiate and lead CAD Office process improvement projects to improve quality, cost and programming cycle times.
- Collaborate with the internal departments to identify process gaps/improvements that will enhance CAD department effectiveness.
- Lead team in supporting fabrication operations to achieve daily manufacturing targets through work prioritization and optimization.
PERCENT OF TIME: Execution - 60%
- Lead CAD team in the execution of daily goals and meeting quality assurance standards.
- Process and maintain CAD/CNC programs utilizing Alpha CAM or other software.
- Identify and implement process/product improvement alternatives to increase/optimize yield, efficiency, throughput, and/or performance.
- Evaluate and process customer orders through the use of applicable engineering software, programming robotic / CNC interfaces.
- Ensure that safety and compliance remain top priorities.
PERCENT OF TIME: Innovation - 10%
- Investigate new methods/technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Anticipate possible fabrication issues and develop/propose solutions.
- Get involved in the stone fabrication industry.
- Recommend R&D of new processes & techniques.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-aided design, computer-aided engineering, computer science or a related field. ( Preferred).
- 3+ years experience working with CAD software.
- Experience utilizing Alpha CAM.
- Experience supervising teams.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills