Staffing with Bliss Published: October 6, 2017
- This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining all the manufacturing equipment within the production areas.
- This position is also responsible for understanding related Quality Management Systems including SQF, HACCP, and GMP to ensure safety and quality of employees and products.
- The job duties include responsibility for assuring food safety and for food quality for SRO products.
- A supervisor or other person of authority should be notified if any issues or threats to food safety or food quality are observed.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
BACK UP PERSONS:
Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Lead
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Adhere to all safety programs and policies
- Day to day troubleshooting, repair and installation of low and high voltage (single, three phase) industrial electromechanical and control systems for utility and production equipment
- Provide technical support and plant leadership for equipment troubleshooting and equipment modifications
- Ability to install, wire and maintain relays, photo-eyes, limit switches, proximity switches, solenoid valves, motors, starters, VFD’s, PLC I/O modules, analog control devices, safety circuits, etc.
- Perform both uptime and down time preventative maintenance in adherence to the master PM schedule
- Perform corrective maintenance work orders
- Work independently in finding, troubleshooting and repairing problems
- Be familiar with PLC s and Control circuits
- Be able to identify I/O points on schematics and locate the associated I/O point on the PLC
- Assist with system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing
- Interface and communicate with equipment operators and maintenance staff to ascertain problems with equipment
- Design and layout circuits, install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment/components
- Writes procedures, work instructions, and work orders and maintains records of repairs
- With QA and Safety and others as appropriate, assists in execution of action plans in relation to health and safety and assures the highest levels of compliance
- Must be willing to Train new and junior employees within the department.
- Be able to read, interpret and modify electrical prints and schematics and document all self-created changes
- Complete understanding of Plant electrical systems, including DC Voltage and AC Voltage 24 V to 480 V and proficiency in electrical installations with conduit and wiring practices
- Experience using sensing and control devices
- Overall responsibility for ensuring safety of the work place, by seeing that appropriate practices are established in place and enforced
- Support, follow, and support the Lock-Out/Tag-Out program
- Working knowledge of PLCs, HVAC systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Must provide own basic tools. Specialty tools will be available to use provided by the Company
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to read and write in English or Spanish
- Must be able to successfully complete HACCP Certification
- Have the ability to learn and perform minor machining and welding tasks
- Must be able to maintain high level of awareness and follow best practices for GMP, Safety, and Sanitation
- Continuing education in maintenance/technical skills
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience
- Working knowledge of Robots. Homing, adjusting offsets and starting routines.