Manufacturing Engineer – $65K-$85K/year
Jacksonville, FL. 32207 | Full-Time | Monday to Friday | 8:00AM to 5:00PM
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Support & improve fabrication operations through researching new methods, evaluating current methods, researching the latest technology and programming machine operations utilizing CAD machine routing software.
PERCENT OF TIME: Manufacturing Engineering - 50%
- Continuously analyze production processes, methods, technology and other available data to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain CAD/Fabrication metrics, SOPs & targets.
- Support maintenance as required for equipment PM's and repair services in order to keep production equipment operational and functioning efficiently.
- Continuously improve fabrication/field methods to increase material yield, machine efficiency and overall product quality.
- Support CAD office/Shop Foreman in training and development of fabricators.
PERCENT OF TIME: Execution - 40%
- Support fabrication team in the optimization of daily goals, meeting quality assurance standards and the application of new technology.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to achieve shared departmental goals.
- Identify and implement process/product improvement alternatives to increase/optimize yield, efficiency, throughput, and/or performance.
- Evaluate and process customer orders through the use of applicable engineering software, programming robotic / CNC interfaces.
- Develop and document efficient fabrication cycle times.
- Ensure that safety and compliance remain top priorities.
PERCENT OF TIME: Innovation - 10%
- Investigate new methods/technology to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Anticipate possible fabrication issues and develop/propose solutions.
- Get involved in the stone fabrication industry.
- Recommend R&D of new processes & techniques.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience utilizing CAD machine routing software.
- Experience analyzing production processes, methods, technology to improve operational efficiency.